Thursday, September 20, 2012

Rabbit Bush Splendor



Rabbit Bush in the Fall

This spot, on the Mt. Falcon Trail,  has become a favorite of mine.
As I hiked the trail yesterday, I was delighted by the yellow Rabbit Bush in full bloom.   What a striking contrast to the dry landscape around me.  This plant is wonderful for xeric gardens. It will require a  6X6 ft space with no maintenance, once established.  This year I added 2 such bushes to my garden in hopes of achieving this kind of splendid color in years to come. I must confess that my bushes already have delicate yellow blossoms on them.  And that in their first year in my garden!  This is a worthwhile plant for year round interest.  If you review my Blog, from last winter, you will find that the same bushes add beautiful winter interest. In the winter they create snow caps on their heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment